Today is full of lasts.. estoy triste!
- walking to school 👣
- Last breakfast 🍎
- Last class 📝
- Last supper (get it? 😉)
- Last full day in Spain 🇪🇸
As I woke up, I knew I must review for my exam today, but I also knew after class we would have a lot of time to pack our bags. If you know me well, you’d know which I chose to do.. start packing of course! It may have something to do with my “OCD”, or my excitement to be coming home 🏡- possibly!
After breakfast my roommates & I made our way to school where we would be taking an exam for class today. After class we made our way back to the apartment for lunch. Today on the menu is French fries, salad, an egg, and pork loins.
Four hours to spare before meeting the other participants for dinner tonight- so after packing, my roommates & I walked around for awhile looking at shops. Before we knew it, it was 7:15pm and time to meet with the other participants of the program, our teacher, the staff of SAIIE, and the students participating in the spring semester program for “the last supper”. All I know is that we don’t have to pay for our meal, so I’m definitely taking advantage of that 🤗
After many tapas, many drinks, great conversations, and saying goodbyes – it was a memorable night. Before leaving the house my roommates & I finally got a picture with our host mom.
As I lay in bed, I can’t help but reminisce about my time here in Spain- it was truly unforgettable & I’m so glad to have taken the leap of faith to come. From the people I met, the food I ate, the places I saw, etc., this place has a piece of my heart.
I probably won’t be getting much sleep tonight as it will be an early morning. My roommates & I are leaving the apartment at 7:30am to grab a taxi to the airport. In the mean time, here are some tips for studying/traveling abroad (Spain):
- Wear comfortable waking shoes
- Remember sunglasses
- Bring a portable charger that works- lasts up to 48hrs!
- Check which types of cards are accepted- Discover is NOT, mostly visa or MasterCard
- Pack warm clothes if staying with a host family- no carpets
- Bring a laptop- recieve better wifi connection for communication, etc
- Bring own water bottle- saves $ from having to constantly purchase water
- Travel to other European cities- cost is cheap $! $30 euros for a plane ticket
- Bring a neck pillow for long plane rides
- Schedule a massage for arrival back home